These are a few examples of my work.
You can take a look to get an idea of what I can do for your business or publication. I’ve broken the portfolio down by journalism, copywriting and copyediting, plus my personal essays and other creative stuff.
The New York Times
- A Rape and Murder Prompts Thousands of Argentine Women to Protest
- Private Equity Executive to Be Released From Uruguay Prison
- An Airline Investment in Uruguay Becomes a Catch-22
- In Argentina, Violence Is Part of the Soccer Culture
- 25 Years for Leader of Argentine Dictatorship
- For Argentines, a Coach Is a Legend and a Letdown
- Buenos Aires green campaign looks to youth and altered adult habits
- Buenos Aires police deploy technology and ‘citizen control’
- Buenos Aires push to make cars ‘last option’
- Mexico at the crossroads
- Where now for Mexico? Interview with John Price
- U.S. manufacturing makes a comeback
- Smart Thinking: Interview with tech entrepreneur Manuel Medina
- Cuba – The New Frontier
- Argentina shale development moves forward, but still slow
- Argentina plans railway to help lower shale drilling costs
- Argentina seeks to build bigger petchem hub as gas output rises
- Argentina president vows to end LNG imports in 5-6 years
- Struggles to cut cost delay oil play production in Argentina
- Venture Capital Chile: Fueling growth
- Infrastructure Argentina: Ready to build
- Argentina M&A: Hunting for growth
- Argentina debt: Back to the market
- Argentina: A delicate art
- Argentina sovereign debt: Sifting for dollars
- You can see many of my stories on this link.
- China: The Silent Strategy of the Dragon in the River Plate – Argentina’s Chinese Wave
- Broken Promises? Huge oil resources in times of low prices
- The E-commerce Explosion
- Latin America Techs Up
- Cloning the ETSY Model
- E-Learning For The Twitter Generation
- Digital Education makes its push in LatAm
- Emerging CEO of the Year-Martin Migoya, CEO of Globant
- Woods Staton: The Man with the Golden Touch at McDonald’s in Latin America
- Indian Business Grows in Latin America
Global Meat News
- Argentines turn to chicken and pork as beef prices rise
- Uruguayan beef exports on the rise, despite Russian recession
- Argentina to increase beef exports
- Argentina Setting Stage for Electric-Vehicle Imports
- Argentina’s Auto-Industry Comeback Faces Bumpy Road
- Argentine Automakers Under Siege on Export Front
World Nuclear News
- La Oroya: When will the health crisis end?
- Panama Bay regains status as wildlife refuge
- Human Rights Commission gets back on track in the Americas
- Belo Monte: A Tale of Spies and Destruction in Brazil
- Smog in Latin America: Initiative seeks to clear the air and slow global warming
- Institute of the Americas: Argentina: Poised for Energy Growth
- Alexander Hughes Corporate Governance Review 2016-2017
- Alexander Hughes 2015 Global Governance Review
- Argentina Shale Special Investment Report
I’ve written press releases, opinion pieces, research reports and other content for:
- ABB Robotics
- GE Power
- Institute of the Americas
- Inter-American Investment Corporation
- Latin American Business Council (CEAL)
- Newlink Group
- Oxford Economics
- Quintana Roo
- The Walt Disney Company
- The World Economic Forum
- A Miracle at Luna Park (Trampset)
A fictionalized account of one of my last outings with my dying father, when he shined in all of his glory.
- How to Seduce Your Wife (The Good Men Project)
The only constant is her pleasure. So aim for that and you’ll do just fine.
- The Day After (The Grief Diaries)
Most people know me as a father of three, but I have a fourth. This is a story about my firstborn.
I’ve written more then 300 personal essays, anecdotes, vignettes or whatever you want to call them on parenting. Some of them are pretty funny.
- My Brief and Wondrous Life as a Celebrity (Finalist in The Argentina Independent competition)
I was Johnny Depp, Ted Turner and more… until the other parents found out about my son.
- Road Kill (Fictionaut)
A new look at the menace of traffic and highways.
- McDonald’s (Trapeze Magazine)
A short-short story about a stinky car and what might lurk at your feet.
- Weight Loss (Nanoism)
A short-short story about trying to lose weight.
Like what you see?
I’m available for freelance work. If you need clear and concise writing turned in on your deadline, please drop me a line. My contact details are below.